Monthly dinner meetings are held at Crowne Plaza at South Hills Village; includes speaker and brief business meeting update
Regular monthly meetings of Serra officers and Board members are held to plan events.
Members make a commitment to pray for an increase in vocations to the priesthood, diaconate and religious life, and to support all seminarians, priests, deacons and monastics (religious) in prayer as well as in practical ways:
- Each Serran is the Prayer Partner of a Seminarian – pray, send cards, give gifts at Christmas and other occasions as the member wishes
- Attend ordinations (if at all possible, depending on the location & travel required)
- We invite them to our Christmas dinner/meeting and to one other meeting devoted to vocation appreciation
- Seminarians are also invited to the Serrans’ annual summer picnic
- We sponsor a pizza party gathering at the Byzantine Catholic Seminary once a year
- Annual retreat for spiritual growth & enrichment is held during the Great Fast
- We sponsor an annual liturgy for our deceased clergy and religious
- Ordination anniversary cards are sent to every priest yearly
- Members have served on Archieparchial committees (e.g.Vocations Committee)
- Chauffeur dignitaries (bishops, priests, deacons, speakers) to and from the airport when they come to Pittsburgh for Archieparchial events
Find more helpful information about Serra clubs at https://www.serraus.org/
Serra Club Membership Manual PDF
Questions about beoming a member?