An Evening of Repentance
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 7 p.m.
St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Cathedral
210 Greentree Road, Munhall, Pennsylvania
In 2017, Lutherans and Catholics world-wide are commemorating the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation and are looking forward together in hope. All are welcome to this Evening of Repentance as we join together with our bishops in prayer and fellowship:
- Evening Prayer—Moleben to the Precious and Life-Giving Cross
– Archbishop William Skurla, Celebrant Metropolitan Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
– Bishop Kurt Kusserow, Homilist Southwestern Pennsylvania Synod Evangelical
– Lutheran Church in America
-Bishop Edward Malesic Roman Catholic Diocese of Greensburg
-Bishop David Zubik Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Blessing of commemorative crosses to be
distributed to all participants
- Meager Lenten Meal of soup and bread
No reservations required. Free and open to the public.
Sponsored by the Catholic-Lutheran Planning Group of Southwestern PA