The parish was restored under Father Michael Rapach (1931-50). Faithful parishioners cooperated in eliminating parish debts.· A house was bought as a convent for the Sisters of St. Basil the Great, who taught religion to the parish children.· Parish organizations were revitalized or formed anew.· These included an active Holy Name Society, Rosary Society, Altar Society, Choir and Sodality.·Under Father Andrew Dzmura (1950-59) the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine of religious education teachers was formed.· Many men of the parish became active Knights of Columbus.· A marble altar and tabernacle were installed - gifts of the Altar and Holy Name Societies.
Under Msgr. Michael Hrebin (1959-95) a vast building program was carried out.· First, an elegant auditorium/banquet hall was completed on the corner of Park Avenue and Third Street.· The superior catering of the parishioners, who volunteered their labor, made possible the construction of an impressive rotunda-style church with hemispheric golden domes.· The church and a modern rectory, connected to the church by a covered walk and cloistered courtyard, were dedicated in 1981 and 1983 respectively. The enormous marble baldacchino and two mosaic shrines arrived from Italy in 1985.· On April 30, 1989, the parish celebrated the burning of the mortgage on the church and the rectory.
In 1998, the year after the arrival of current pastor Father Ivan Mina, a monumental iconography project was begun. Also, an impressive marble icon screen was purchased from Italy. In the Jubilee Year 2000, a renovated Ascension Church was blessed by Metropolitan Archbishop Judson Procyk. In 2007, the church celebrated its centennial with a hierarchical Liturgy offered by Metropolitan Archbishop Basil Schott.
The parish Holy Name Society and Ladies Guild coordinate various fundraising projects as well as an annual parish picnic at Clairton Park. Religious education teachers organize a yearly field trip for their students and interested parishioners and friends.
More information is available on the parish website: ascensionofourlord.vzwebsites.com.