Archbishop Charles J. Chaput of Philadelphia served as the principal consecrator for the ordination and installation of Reverend Edward C. Malesic as Fifth Bishop of the Diocese of Greensburg, Pennsylvania. The July 13 event was attended by an estimated 1,000 … Continue reading
Supreme Court Decision on Marriage ‘A Tragic Error’ says USCCB President WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court decision, June 26, interpreting the U.S. Constitution to require all states to license and recognize same-sex “marriage” “is a tragic error that harms … Continue reading
WORLD NEWS (Catholic News Service)
- Mayors discuss ways to promote equality, environmental protection in their cities
- World's mayors head to Vatican, vow to tackle climate change, poverty
- California governor says 'Laudato Si'' was necessary wake-up call
- Pope declares Ukrainian church leader 'venerable'
- Pope: Mining industry needs radical change to protect people, nature
- Lessons from South America: How to greet and understand Pope Francis
- Under new system, Vatican budgets show previously unreported assets
- Bishop: Vatican is free to work with everyone, UN is not the 'devil'
- Vatican welcomes Iran's historic nuclear deal
- Pope says he'll read critiques of his economic thought before U.S. trip
- South America, Cuba-U.S. trip itineraries show heart of pope's faith
- Close to home, pope highlights need for cooperation for common good